Condo Insurance

Condo Coverage Considerations

How HO-6 insurance works

Owners of condo units in multi-family developments have different insurance needs than those who own a single-family residence. Condo owners may need two different insurance policies to protect their investment. The first is typically provided by the condominium association.

This is a master insurance policy covering the building exterior as well as walkways, lawns, courtyards, parks, and other common grounds.

The second insurance policy is purchased by you, the condo owner, that covers insuring interiors walls, flooring, cabinets, appliances, personal property, and personal liability. Proof of insurance is usually required at the time you purchase your condo, which makes it crucial to carefully review your sales agreement details.

Should the condo association’s master policy fail to insure the entire structure, you will need a traditional homeowner’s insurance policy. Condominium insurance is not a one size fits all policy. Each condo owner has a different set of insurance needs.

  • Here are some questions to ask yourself when considering coverage:

    How much would I need to cover my financial investment if disaster did strike?

    What would it cost to replace my personal belongings in my home?

    If someone threaten to take me to court, would my assets be covered?

    Make sure you have adequate Condo insurance to protect the following:
    Your assets

    Your Liability insurance coverage should be enough to protect the value of your assets. If you are sued, don't leave yourself financially exposed.

    Your valuables

    Collectibles, fine art, jewelry and other valuable items could require additional coverage.

    Your personal belonging

    Many people make the mistake of underestimating the contents of their home. Taking an inventory of your personal property can help.

Are You Looking For An Insurance Company in South Florida? Call 1.855.750.7771

[elementor-template id=”684″]